Sunday, June 10

A RCHP Retrospective/Love Letter

The first album I ever bought was Californication. I must have listened to it a thousand times. Its about an hour long 24 hours in a day four days is about a 100 hours 40 days? I have spent 40 days of my life listening to Californication. All Around The World, Scar Tissue, Otherside, Easily, Get On Top, Those Weird Songs in the back half about wolves and english girls. The music videos, the album cover was like the coolest thing I had ever seen. The Second Album I ever bought was Blood Sugar Sex Magik. I played Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 on mute with Blood Sugar Sex Magik on for all of 9th Grade. Under a Bridge (they just found the bridge), Sir Psycho Sexy, GIVE IT AWAY, If You Have To Ask, Suck My Kiss. FACT ALERT Blood Sugar Sex Magik came out the same day as Nirvana's Nevermind. In the CD case with the lyrics and stuff, there were pictures of the band's tattoos. I looked at them a million times. I love One Hot Minute, Pea is the best song, and unquestionably the worst vegetable, and the whole album is good and very short. And later Cabron, Snow, Dani California, Throw Away Your Television, A Minor Thing, Can't Stop, Slow Cheetah. And before Fight Like A Brave and their version of Higher Ground. I just saw this interview with Anthony Kiedis from the set of their Look Around video, Its adorable he is trying to gently GENTLY wrangle his son while talking with a reporter, and hes got a pompadour.



-jv
fan
A Plus1Press Publication

No comments:

Post a Comment