Monday, December 20

Mariah Christmas



I've talked to a bunch of people, including a punk rocker, a conservative person, and others that have a surprising opinion, which I share with them.
They and I agree that Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" is the best Christmas song, maybe not of all time, but certainly in modern times. (But also, maybe of all time)
No song I can think of gets me in the holiday spirit as much that song.

In the comments section, I'd love to hear what your favorite X-mas songs are.

-awm

3 comments:

  1. I love christmas music, and jv hates it so i only listen from thanksgiving to boxing day when he's not around.

    "All i want for christmas is you" is pretty amazing. modern times i think there's no competition.

    A good modern cover of two old classics is bare naked ladies and sarah mclachlan combo of "god rest ye merry gentlemen" and "we three kings"

    and i do love "have yourself a merry little christmas" and "happy xmas (war is over)"

    so many good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love mariah, so YES.

    the magic in the bare naked ladies/mclachlan is also that i had never liked either of those songs before hearing their version.

    "baby it's cold outside" is one of my favs as well, from the dean martin version to the zooey deschanel one (from elf).

    but the song that i listen to when it snows outside and i go for walks is Sufjan Steven's version of "joy to the world". listen to this while walking in the snow = christmas magic.

    my fav carol is the least happy and christmasy-"o come, o come emmanuel".

    ReplyDelete
  3. rudolph the red nosed reindeer defs gets me thinking all christmasy the most
    -jv

    ReplyDelete