These are the best candied nuts ever.
1 lb bag unsalted roasted mixed nuts (Trader Joe's makes a good one)
3 tablespoons salted butter
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of honey or agave nectar
3 stalks fresh rosemary leaves, cut fine
1 stalk fresh rosemary (whole)
- Preheat the oven to 250 F.
- Add butter to a large saute pan and melt.
- Add dry ingredients and honey/agave, stir and add the nuts.
- Stir for 10-12 minutes over medium/low heat. Watch the heat as sugar can burn; you can always finish cooking in the oven.
- Remove from saute pan and spread on a cookie sheet. Bake at 250 F for about 10 minutes to reduce oils and then leave out to cool.
- Once cool, store in a large ziplock and add another large sprig of rosemary (whole) to add to the aroma.