Saturday, October 9

Harry Potter 7 part 1 NOT in 3D, hallelujah

You may not agree with me, but I am tired of 3D. I don't need it, I don't want it, and honestly when it moves too fast (I'm looking at you, Step Up 3D) I can't follow it with my poorly trained, slow-moving eyes. It's pretty much the only Luddite tendency I have, but damn it, screw 3D.

And frankly, I resent the rash of making every movie 3D. Titanic? Seriously James Cameron, don't give me another reason to hate you. Now to be fair, some movies benefit from 3D and Harry Potter genre-wise makes sense. But thank the gods of movie making, HP7 part 1 wasn't filmed in 3D and the studio can't get it transferred to 3D in time for the Thanksgiving opening. YES!!!

According to the studio, Part 2 will be available in 3D and 2D, so depending on whether or not you agree with me, maybe we'll go see it together.

-av

2 comments:

  1. Ya 3D blows!, I hate how it ruins movies once their out of the theatre, cause you can always tell when something was "supposed" to be in 3D. So Glad HP will be normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coudn't agree with you more, Alice. 3D reminds me of cheesy 1950's movies and its truly not impressing me THAT MUCH. But then again, I'm an Avatar hater, too. Glad to hear HP:P1 is only in 3D. Me and Art Cafaro are going to see BOTH parts in 2D, thankyouverymuch. - fp

    ReplyDelete